Saturday, May 30, 2009

Some Specifics


Everyone has been asking me some of the same questions about the trip and I think that I should just go ahead and answer them here.

I am going to be staying at University College of London and I will be right in the middle of the city.

Sources (Mom) tell me that Google Earth identifies it as a real landmark so it has to be right. For anyone that is familiar with London, I am told that it is about five minutes from the British Museum which is apparently an excellent location for a study abroad.

Everyone that is going on the trip is going to be staying in the dorms at the school and they are suite style so I will have my own space but I will have to share a bathroom with everyone. The room that they showed a picture of at the orientation looked a little less than warm but it has a desk, book shelf and it's own window.

I am leaving June 18 and coming back July 24 and I understand that is prime time to tour London. The weather is supposed to be in the mid to high sixties during that time and that is when they are supposed to have the best weather of the year and it still doesn't sound like it will be very good weather.

They are also supplying a trip to Paris at no extra cost and a tour of the Louvre while we are there. That will be on June 26-28 I think. I am pretty sure that the first actual weekend we are there we are going to do a scavenger hunt in the city to familiarize ourselves. The third weekend I will possibly be going to Dublin, Ireland because there is a group of Kennesaw kids that are all going together. I might just decide to cut costs and that I would like to stay and take in all that is London.

4 comments:

  1. You definitely need to go to both Paris (and tell me everything about the Louvre, because God only knows if I'll ever make it) as well as Dublin, for the same reason above. C'mon lady! I gotta live vicariously through someone and you're the lucky winner. I will pay for you to go, as a gift, so make it happen. Love you! (and I'm NOT kidding!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with cupcake, you must go on all the excursions. Just spend the money and make more when you get back. You can't take it w/ you when you die anyway. I will also contribute. Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much love...I think I may cry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fun isn't it? It took me forever to find the comments. Watch for the daily updates in the days ahead ladies!

    ReplyDelete