Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Beginnings

I am just beginning to feel like this trip abroad is actually going to happen. I have only about 23 days left and a lot to do to get ready and with everyone telling me different things about London I have no idea what to pack and where to find things that I need. I am fortunate enough to be able to talk to people and get information about what I will need and apparently I am going to need a rain coat.

Typical conversation between me and stranger:
Stranger: What do you do?
Me: I'm a student at Kennesaw.
Stranger: Oh yeah? That is a great school. Are you taking summer classes?
Me: Actually I am doing a study abroad in London.
Stranger: That's great! You'll love it...but it sure does rain a lot. :(
Me: Well I guess I will just melt and not get to enjoy that wonderful city...

The great thing is that just about everyone that I talk to have been there before and/or know someone that lives there now. I know that I have gotten more information/business cards than I know what to do with. It's great though because I pretty much know every place that I should and should not visit.

Hopefully people don't worry about me too much while I am gone because I may just opt out of getting a phone while I am there just so that I don't have to worry about paying the fees for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment